Katherine Farquhar, Principal
Scope of My Work
leadership coaching (executives, managers, professionals)
retirement/career transition coaching
consulting: organization development & change
retreats, facilitation, team & board development
Vintage, a CEO Peer Group
presentations & publications
Education & Credentials
ACC, International Coach Federation
Certificate in Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University
(in process) Retirement Options Certificate (Spring 2019)
Ph.D., Social Psychology (Organization Development), Boston U.
B.A., Political Science, Wellesley
* certified: MBTI, EQ-i2, Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator, LIFO
* experienced user: Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Instrument, Kolb
Learning Style Inventory
* Chair, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center Board of Directors
* Ex-Mayor & Town Commissioner, Brookeville, MD
* Ex-Director & Professor, AU/NTL MS in OD, American University
Expanding beyond my earlier work as a professor and program director (organization development) at American University, my focus and purpose now are to support executives, managers, professional staff and transitioners -- as well as teams, boards and organizations -- in the journey of breakthrough change. Seeing clients accomplish their goals is the most rewarding aspect of a beloved career.
To better support clients in career or retirement transitions, I am completing requirements to become a Certified Retirement Coach (Oct. 2018).